Kubevekt 3WKoop elk type...
125,83 €165,83 €
125,83 €165,83 €
142,50 €182,50 €
192,50 €232,50 €
209,17 €249,17 €
This product have combinations with discount of 80.00
One of the most expensive things in beekeeping is buying frames. They can cost you a lot of money. However, if you assemble them yourself, then you can easily save some extra bucks to invest in other things. There are a lot of ways to assemble foundationless frames, but today we will tell you the most effective and easy way to assemble them.
Before we go further and discuss the steps to assemble foundationless frames, here is the reason why you should choose foundationless frames.
Why choose foundationless frames?
When you build a foundationless frame, it allows the bees to choose the size and shape of the cell. By doing this, they can be more productive and get the cells they want.
Now, as you know why it is important to have a foundationless frame, let’s see the steps to easily assemble a frame.
Steps to assemble Foundationless frames
· Step 1- Choose the type of wood you want to use in your foundationless frames. Some of the most commonly used wood for frames are pine and cypress wood. You can read more about them so that you can find the idle wood for your foundation fewer frames.
· Step 2- Cut the wood into a 3/4 inch thick wood board into several stripes. Make sure the length of the stripes matches the length of grooves. They should be a little narrower at the top of the groove so that it can easily fit there.
· Step 3- Place all the grooved top bars together so that you can glue them. Make sure to keep the grooves facing up. Now carefully put glue between them so that they can get a strong force between them. Always use a better quality glue to stick them as you can face problems if the grip loosens after assembling it.
· Step 4- Put the strips on the glued part of the groove and press it gently. Make sure you get the right position as it will be left there to dry. Make sure not to go beyond the edges while doing it.
· Step 5- Now put some glue on the wide side of the sidebar and push it from the top. It should be placed in the right position to provide the maximum strength to your frame. Make sure to use some nails to stick them together along with glue.
· Step 6- Now do the same with the narrow side of sidebars and push them from the bottom. Make sure to nail them to increase the strength of your frame.
Tip- You should have all the tools ready before you start assembling your frame.
It is really important to know how to assemble foundationless frames if you are going to adopt this method in your bee farming. It can cost you a lot of money if you are thinking about hiring someone to do the same and all the beekeepers prefer to do every step themselves. By following the discussed steps, you can easily assemble your frame.