Kubevekt 3WKoop elk type...
125,83 €165,83 €
125,83 €165,83 €
142,50 €182,50 €
192,50 €232,50 €
209,17 €249,17 €
This product have combinations with discount of 80.00
Mason jar beekeeping is the latest invention of beekeeping that is ideal for small places. You can install it at the rooftop, suburban backyard, or at similar places easily. This beekeeping process does not differ much from the ordinary hives. Here, some mason jars are fitted inside the ordinary hives. The bees will utilize the jars for making comb and honey. So, the jars will be filled with bee honey. Designing a Mason jar beekeeping is too simple. You need to have some woods, mason jars and the bees. Things will be ready then in just minutes.
Here is a step by step guide to design Mason jar beekeeping.
Steps to design Mason Jar Beekeeping:
· You need to prepare a frame first. So, take small plywood and then assemble 4 woods around it to make the frame. Screw everything properly.
· The next step is to create a few holes in the plywood to hold the mason jars. Take a measurement and then make the holes. The hole should be such which can hold the Mason jar mouth tightly.
· Now, assemble the hives. First set the bottom board. Keep the brood box then and finally set the queen excluder at the top position.
· Attach the wood panels and the frame then. It will give the structure of a box. Ensure the bottom is open and the plywood with the jars is at the top location.
· Arrange the Mason jars and fit them properly at the required holes. Place some empty comb inside the jar so that the bees start making honey there. Let them fill the jar. Cover the lid and take it out.
So, this is how to design a Mason jar beekeeping. This process is very simple and can be done at home easily.
Advantages of Mason Jar Beekeeping Over the Ordinary Hives:
· Harvesting honey with the Mason jar beekeeping is much simpler. Here, the beekeeper is only required to take out the filled jar to taste honey. But, this is not the case with ordinary hives. It’s a long process to get honey from there. First smoke the hives, uncap it and separate the comb to get honey.
· Mason jar beekeeping is safe from the hands of predators and honey robbers. Here the honey is hidden within the jar. So, they can’t have access to honey easily.
· Installing a Mason jar beekeeping is very economical. Once the jars are filled, add more jars and that’s it. But, in case of the ordinary hives, once the frames are filled and additional frames are added, the next step is to buy another box. It will definitely cost you more.
· Smoking is must in the ordinary hives while this is not at all required in case of Mason jar beekeeping.
· Extending the Mason jar beekeeping is much simpler. The jars are required to keep on top of the existing hive frames. Once the existing jars get filled, the bees will start using the newly added jars.