Kubevekt 3WKoop elk type...
125,83 €165,83 €
125,83 €165,83 €
142,50 €182,50 €
192,50 €232,50 €
209,17 €249,17 €
This product have combinations with discount of 80.00
There are a lot of beekeepers who want to do everything on their own. If you are a regular beekeeper, you must be well aware of the struggles of maintaining your beehive. One of the most important things you should consider is the type of wood to use in your beehive. There is a wide variety of woods available for beehives.
Some of the most commonly used woods are:
· Cedar- This is a beautiful wood and it smells really good. But it is not idol for beehives as it is a bit expensive.
· Pine- The best thing about this wood is it is readily available everywhere and is very affordable.
· Cypress-This is the best wood for beehives. Cypress releases a liquid that kills and repels all the insects and bugs naturally. It is also affordable.
Advantages of using cypress for Beehives:
1. Affordable- It may not be the most affordable wood, but it does not require maintenance and hence it is inexpensive and can be easily used for beehives. This is cheaper than most of the woods available for beehives. It may be costlier than pine but it has more benefits for beehives as it can be used for a long time.
2. Light in weight- Cypress wood is an idol for beehives as it stores air within itself that makes it lighter than other woods. On the other hand, pine and other woods hold water inside them which decreases their strength and life span.
3. Repels insects- Cypress release a liquid that helps in keeping insects and bugs away from the beehives. Many beekeepers struggle in keeping insects and bugs away from their beehives. Insects can harm the beehive and also increase the strength of wood by eating them.
4. Durability- Cypress wood is strong and does not require any replacement for a long time. It decreases your cost of maintenance. Pine can be cheaper than cypress but that does not have durability and require replacement after some time.
5. Decay resistant- It has decay resisting properties. You can leave this wood unpolished without any fear of it getting decayed. The liquid released by this wood protects it from decaying.
The only disadvantage of this wood is that it is not easily available like other woods. It is only found in some specific areas and is a bit expensive for the same reason. However, you can order it from some suppliers after some research.
You should always try to find new ways to maintain your beehive. Replacing your frames can also help you in bringing a change to your beehive. There are a lot of options available to use in beehives and cypress looks like the most suitable option for it. You should also try to make some changes in your frame to make it easier for your bees to increase productivity.
You should consider all the advantages and disadvantages of using a different type of wood for your beehive. As we discussed, there is a type of woods that are affordable but do not work in a long run and on the other hand, cypress is a bit expensive but is a one-time investment.